Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Dreaming

The new year is traditionally a time where many people dream. Resolutions they are called. Usually short-lived wishes or dreams to be accomplished in the new year. I have a few myself, but the dreams I named this post after are different.


Namely, my vacation in Sweden! It was lovely. Great people, lots of snow - for better and also a lot of worse, and fun! I was happy to see all them swedish (and a dutch and norwegian one) faces again, and to spend new years with them. The people, not the faces.

However, when I returned home quite tired from the journey and experience and fell asleep after leftover dinner in my own cosy bed…. Before I knew it - the next morning, I was already stressing, sleep-drunk, freezing my butt off waiting on delayed trains, getting assigned new work. Working through that work during the day and returning home at night and realising; what the hell just happened?


It really did feel like a long dream, one you just want to return to. Scary, really. May 2010 make more dreams reality.



2 comments: